background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow much fun.

One of the advantages of having a parent that teaches is snow days! When daddy has snow days, sometimes the kids get to stay home from daycare as well. On the first of the snow days this year, Chris kept the boys home with him and they ventured out for some fun in the white stuff. A slight disadvantage of having a mommy that doesn't teach is that not many pictures are taken because mommy is at work while the boys are having all the fun. Daddy did his best to document the moment for me, and they were still outside when I came home for lunch, so I was able to snap a few pictures then as well.

All geared up and ready to play! Apparently Asher let Carter and daddy "bury" him in snow. If you know Asher at all, you know this is highly unusual behavior for that little fella. He doesn't like to sit still for anything, let alone be covered up with anything. If I didn't see the pictures, I wouldn't have believed it...
Of course, they had to build something with all that snow. But daddy wasn't satisfied with just a measly old snowman...he built a Snow T-Rex...just like Rex from Toy Story.
Asher was lots of help, I'm sure...
Carter was totally excited...four is a FUN age.
This was how I found Asher when I got home. He didn't like wearing gloves, and he didn't like getting his hands cold. What's a boy to do???
Carter and the finished product...I must say that the big boys did a FANTASTIC job! They even sprayed Rex with green food coloring!
Rex lasted a couple of weeks in our yard and Carter was excited to see him every time we pulled up in our driveway. Hopefully we can get some sledding time in with our next snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment