background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making room for baby.

It's been fruit basket upset at our house over the last several months. Once we knew we'd be welcoming baby #3, we decided to make some room switches. Carter moved downstairs to the guest room, Asher moved into Carter's room and we redecorated the nursery--a little more girly this time around. When I told Chris what color I had picked out for the nursery walls--an aqua blue color--he was apalled. Shockingly, he pushed hard for pink or purple...we were having a GIRL for crying out loud! I love all things girly, but I didn't want the room vomiting pink, so I convinced him that we could still make this "blue" feminine. I love how it turned out. The big blank space above the crib is where we will display baby's name...if we ever decide on one ;).
The only furniture we got new this time around was this upholstered glider...I look forward to spending many hours day and night in this rocker...so comfy! The pom poms hanging above I made out of tissue paper...piece of cake and super cheap!
Big thanks to my sister and her friends Jim & Susan, who recreated the vinyl wall decor exactly how I had envisioned. Thank you SOOO much!
Carter got a room makeover as well...here are a few pics from his new space. Daddy built a great new closet for him as well that has plenty of space for Carter's clothes and other storage.

The boys have been so inquisitive throughout my whole pregnancy and are so genuinely excited to have a baby sister. I found this awesome book template several months ago documenting "On the Day I Was Born," and I finally got a book for each of them put together and ordered. We gave them the books last weekend and they were enthralled looking at all the pictures from their own "birth" day.



We are a day and a half away from meeting the newest member of our family. The boys both head off for their first day of school tomorrow, so that has occupied our time/minds mostly. I've been having weekly sonograms for the past month and the techs have kindly switched shown us some 4D images each week, which is so incredible to see. Here's one from our 36 week sono...love those chubby cheeks already!
And finally, a few memories that I want to hold on to from the end of this pregnancy:

One Sunday morning we were all lounging in our bed and Asher brought a string full of baby toys on to the bed "for the baby." Chris told him that we could use that string as a phone and talk to the baby, so he had Asher hold one end up to his ear, and we put the other end on my tummy. Chris proceeded to talk to Asher, pretending he was the baby. Asher was less than amused and put the string down. We asked him why...didn't he want to talk to the baby?? His reply, "Eh, I'll just text her."

That same morning, Carter had raised my shirt up and was listening to my tummy. All of a sudden he noticed my stretch marks (which have gotten nice and dark these last few weeks--GREAT), and he said, "Mommy, you have tattoos!" Lucky mommy.

They both are constantly coming up to me and just rubbing my belly or talking to it. Every time I lay on the couch, they ask me if the baby is moving, if she's watching tv, if she can hear us, etc.

I have no doubt that they will be fantastic big brothers, and I'm so excited to watch them as we welcome her into our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment