background

Friday, April 2, 2010

Gearing up for Easter.

It's a busy week at the Allen house...Asher's 1st birthday party and Easter coming up this weekend. We've been cleaning, shopping, stuffing, wrapping and DYEING! Carter and I took some time out Wednesday night to color eggs.

We started the process before bathtime and Carter got to drop the color tablets into each cup. He watched them fizz and start to turn the vinegar cool colors.Then after a quick break for a bath, we were back in action. We of course had to have an egg in each cup at all times.I read a brilliant tip on-line about sticking your eggs inside of a whisk so that kids can set them in the dye without a big SPLASH. Genious!After the dyeing process, we put some finishing touches on the eggs with some paint swabs. True works of art!I had made some cookies to take to daycare for Asher's birthday. They were "drying" on the counter while we colored eggs. After giving the kids a bath, I told Carter to go wait for me in the kitchen so I could put Asher to bed. It appears that Carter got bored during this two-minute intermission, because when I returned to the kitchen, this is how I found the cookies. Note all the little finger dips in the icing? Yep, he had a little taste of nearly every green cookie. Needless to say, the green ones didn't go to daycare, only the blue ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment