background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Overheard.

Back story: Last week, our neighbor Melisa called and asked if Carter had filled me in on his day's events with Mallorie at daycare. I hadn't heard anything, so Melisa informed me that Carter and Mallorie had been planning all day long that they were going to grow up, get married and have six babies (3 boys and 3 girls). The girls would be named Charley, Claire and Ava, the boys would be named Broccoli, Carson and Parson (twins, perhaps?).

Oh boy...I'm gonna be one busy grandma.


*********************

The next morning, as I was driving the kids to preschool, I heard the following conversation in the backseat (keep in mind that these kids are 4):

Mal: "So, I was looking on-line last night and I was getting birthday ideas for our babies. I found some balloons and some games and some toys. Did you look on-line for ideas?"

Carter (like most males): "No, I didn't look for anything."

Mal: "You should start looking. I found a big dollhouse for the girls. And I think they'll love the balloons."

Carter: "We could get them some cars!"

Mal: "Dude, they can't drive yet! We can't get them a car!"


*******************

I was cracking up by this point, and didn't hear much more. Where do they come up with this stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment