background

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Asher: 3 1/2

I try to get some individual pictures of each of the kids each fall. Shortly after we had Hayden, I took the boys out for a little photo session one-on-one with mommy. Their bribery to cooperate was a special treat from Kwik Shop. It's the little things, ya know?
 
Asher was up first...I knew he'd be my biggest challenge, so I started with him while my patience was fresh. These are nothing spectacular, but they are OH.SO.ASHER. The smirks, the tongue out, the cheese ball smile and the sparkling baby blues...that's my guy. He is so FULL of personality. He's still testing us many times each day, but gosh is he funny.
 
Lately, he's had a hard time with telling the truth. We'll tell him to go wash his hands or brush his teeth, and he'll say he already did. We'll say, "no you did not" and he'll say, "did you hear the water?" or "did you see me?" So I started telling him that mommies can see everything, and I'll put my two fingers up to my eyes and then point them at him, saying "I'm watching you." Well, being the little mimic he is, now when we're in the middle of a heated scolding with him, he'll totally break our mojo and whip his fingers up to his eyes and point them back to me saying, "I'm watching you." I double dog dare you to keep a straight face when your 3-year-old busts that out. I surrender.
 
Here he is, our little clown.










No comments:

Post a Comment